Choosing the right company that checks off all the specific boxes needed to move your heavy equipment can be a tough one. There are several factors to be considered before choosing the company that offers the services you will need to provide the quickest, safest, and most cost-effective solution to your moving project.
Determine your needs, budget, and timeline to help ensure a smooth moving process. Often-times, a heavy machinery moving company can help you plan and execute your move, but it is necessary to define your needs before tackling a plan of action. Below are examples of how to determine which company is the best for your moving needs.
It is important to select a company who has all the capabilities to successfully move your equipment. Here is what to look for:
- Resources: The very first thing to consider when choosing a moving company is if they can provide the appropriate resources and capabilities to suit your needs.
- Type of machinery: Whether it’s moving a single machine or an entire manufacturing facility, the company you choose must provide the capability and resources to get the job done.
- Research companies that provide a wide variety of moving options. Some companies can also dismantle, move, reassemble, level and anchor your machinery.
How can you make sure the company you may select is experienced in this industry? Below are a few factors to consider:
- Knowledgeable: You will want someone who is an expert in the moving industry. Any question or concern you have should be addressed with confidence and the skill set to solve your problems.
- Proven track record: Has the company been in business for very long? Research the history of the company and moving projects they previously completed. Odds are, if the company has a stable history with successful projects, they are reputable and experienced.
- Testimonials: Does the company have testimonials and reviews listed on their website? Look for a proven track record of successful projects and positive reviews of the company’s services.
Ensuring your equipment arrives safely to your destination is a critical component of the moving process. Here is a run-down of standard OSHA safety precautions to make sure the company you are considering follows:
- Ensure that all operators have been trained on the equipment they will use
- Check vehicles at the beginning of each shift to ensure that the parts, equipment, and accessories are in safe operating condition. Repair or replace any defective parts or equipment prior to use
- Ensure that vehicles used to transport workers have seats, with operable seat belts, firmly secured and adequate for the number of workers to be carried
- Equipment should have roll-over protection and protection from falling debris hazards as needed
When deciding on the right heavy machinery company for you, there are several things to consider mentioned above. Adkins Inc can do all of these things for you.